Friday, May 27, 2022

The year 1961

The year 1961 started out great for me.  First I got promoted to E-5 in the US Army.  Then on April 22ed I was lucky enough to marry the love of my life, Connie.  She and I went to Ft. Bliss, Tx so that I could finish my tour of duty in the Army.  Then in August of 1961 things took a turn for the worse.  Barack Hussian Obama was born on August 4th 1961.  (probably in Kenya) Then on August 13th, 1961 the Soviets built the Berlin wall.  On the 15th of August the Army politely informed me that my tour of duty was being "extended" because my MOS was classified as "critical" because the Nike Hercules missile system I was attached to had  nuclear capabilities .  April 22ed was the only positive date in 1961. 
 (I still think that Obama had something to do with the building of that wall even though he was only 9 days old at the time)

No comments:

Post a Comment