Thursday, May 26, 2022

KICK THE CAN

Kick the can

Last night I took the garbage can and the recycling bin out to the end of my driveway as is my usual Sunday evening custom.  As I turned to go back to the house, I saw a metal soup can (Campbell’s Tomato, 10 ¾ oz, with pull tab top) lying on top of the recycling bin.  Those of you that know me are aware that I have always been ready to do my part for the country.  I did what any patriot would do; I took the can from the recycling bin, placed it in the road and kicked it.  It felt so good to be doing my part that I kicked it again.  My neighbor saw me and called to his wife, “that crazy damned Wolf is at it again”.  I paid him no heed.  After kicking the can down the road for two blocks, I felt much better.  I knew that I had done my part to alleviate the budget crisis.

 

With tongue firmly in cheek.  Dal

No comments:

Post a Comment